about this event
Would you like to relax more deeply, de-stress and live more “in the moment”?
Then join an 8 week mindfulness course on Tuesday evenings 7-9pm.
Research has shown that mindfulness is good for our well being.
Suitable for beginnners and those who would like to deepen their existing practice
Course is led by Claire Garthwaite, mindfulness teacher and former GP.
Course dates-19, 26 Sept, 3, 10, 17 October, half term, 31 Oct, 7 14 Nov
Cost- £195 (2 concessionary places-please ask)
Previous participant-“completely different and thought-provoking and useful for future stresses and life in general”
The 8 week mindfulness course includes
• Group discussion and teaching
• Simple but effective ways to bring mindfulness into your life
• Guided mindful meditations (non-religious)
• Gentle mindful movement (can be adapted if mobility issues)
• Evidence from research on mindfulness
Many people who who have completed a course in mindfulness say they have
- A different perspective on life
- Live more ‘in the moment’
- Handle stress and worries better
- Relax more deeply
- Greater happiness and well being
- A tool kit for life’s challenges
You will be given recordings of meditations (10-20mins) to listen to daily, as home practice
You will need to fill in a brief health questionnaire when you enrol.
If you are experiencing serious mental health challenges, or recent bereavement/trauma, it may be better to delay doing the course
The course leader will have a short telephone conversation with everyone who enrols on the course.
If you would like to discuss anything about the course or your suitability before enrolling please call Claire 07787517859